The NOAH II All-Weather Precipitation Gauge
Each of the 12-inch, 20-inch and 30-inch capacity models has 12-inch diameter collection chambers. The base enclosure provides housing for a battery.
Periodic servicing involves manually draining the collection chamber and adding proper amounts of antifreeze and evaporation-suppressant oil.
Catch capacities are dependent on low temperature extremes and required antifreeze to maintain a liquid solution.
Advanced Features of the NOAH II:
• Uses proven load cell technology
• Advanced digital software filtering reduces errors due to wind, vibration and other noises sources
• Environmentally friendly ethanol-glycerin antifreeze converts frozen precipitation to liquid
• Low power requirement allows standalone operation from optional solar power system
• Measurement unaffected by high precipitation rates
• Delivered fully calibrated from the factory
• Test interface to gauge electronics
Specifications:Resolution 0.01 inch
Threshold 0.01 inch
Accuracy +/- 0.01 inch
Temperature Range -30 C to +50 C
Power Requirement +12 VDC (15 ma average drain)
Orifice (diameter) 12 inches
Capacities: 12, 20 and 30 inches
Overall Height (30-inch model) 54 inches
Overall Height (20-inch model) 44 inches
Overall Height (12-inch model) 34 inches
Windscreen - to reduce effects of wind on measurement. The windscreens are made of GE LEXANTM a space-age material resistant to weather and solar radiation.
Solar Power System - consisting of a 20-watt, 12-volt solar panel, regulator, and a 12-volt, 12-amp battery.